Saturday, December 02, 2006

This house believes that penguins work too hard.

Hello all you ones back in Blighty. Thought I would fill you in on our weekly happenings. I should set one thing straight, I have recently been moaning about the horrendous weather we have been having but, in context it is the beginning of December and I am walking around in a long sleeved t-shirt, and at night it is too hot to sleep under the covers with with the AC off. Its not too bad really.

Tim and I have bought three ducks for christmas, and we are going to be buying our christmas tree this week. The joy of being away from home for christmas is the excuse it gives you to go over-board on decorations etc. Tim doesn't know it yet but I have tinsel in mind. Last week I made the christmas pudding and my own mincemeat and apple chutney. You can't buy those things here.

Tim and I have been working extremely hard recently and I am now running the ARKIS debate society. I am also busy directing Charlie And The Chocolate Factory as well as my regular responsibilities. Tim works ten hour days so he is exhausted as well.

It is not all work, we have developed friends, and they are Bahraini. Tim Now:

so yes, we went out on thursday night with eathar who i work with, her possible boyf, possible just friend. There is a phrase we have learnt from one tree hill and it is possible that it applies here: Friends, with benefits.

anyway, we went out with them and their friends to a all you can eat and all you can drink place in adliya. it was fun. we all drank too much cheap wine and obviously didn't eat enough food becaue were all just chatting away and suddenly it was modnight.

from there, we went to a bar with aspirations and had a bit of a boogie. And its cool cos like they are not expats. There is nothing wrong with Expats, but Jassim speaks arabic and that is just better some how.

anyway not much was accomplished yesterday but me and the ho did go out for a most bizare meal last night. But that is for another blog as i am only writing this cos heidi ran out of words and called me in to add my twopence worth. I'm supposed to be cooking roast beef whilst she does some school work, but she's blogging; does that mean i can stop cooking??

XxX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home