Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bahraini Primark and Christmas Trees


These are some bad photos of note:


Our tree - it isn't actually on its side, you know

mary and james - taken at likwid and published in Oo La La

the ceiling of our wiinter palace.

The problem with bahrain is that when we were putting all this lot up, we got a bit hot and you know, we came this close to putting on the AC. Now that's not a good a look for christmas.

* * * *
Right I will start with a name and shame campaign: La Newnham you haven't replied to my email. Lewis you have not blogged for a while and I am worried about you in Wales.

Now then; Nada and I went to Bahraini Primark (A wonderful store called Rameez) We were officially shopping for Charlie and the Choc Factory costumes but of course we had to look at the sex shop bit. My god there were some amazing things. Green bodystockings with ties at the side anyone? Red and black crotchless knickers with pink pom-poms on? All this from a Muslim country, at least now you know what they wear under their abayas.

I also bought our christmas tree and Tim and I spent the evening drinking mulled wine and decorating it. This turned into quite a palavar (Tim told me how to spell it and I can't be bothered to get the dictionary) as the top prong was to bendy to attach our star. The tree looks very pretty. Tim has even let me put those foil garland things up this year, but he drew the line at tinsel. Spoil sport.

We nearly got another cat, but it was a girl and we thought Kofi would turn the flat into a scene from the old testament...

Today we have done absolutely nothing apart from making raline ice-cream which we will have with our home-made christmas pud. Bet you're all missing Hackney Sundays now!

Please email us you're addresses otherwise you wont get christmas cards and family photos, this year we were thinking of doing that annoying family update typed letter and sending it to you all. A pleasure for you to read I am sure.

I can still wear t-shirts outside without freezing!

X

These are some bad photos of note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home