Saturday, December 23, 2006

Bah Humbug or The Christmas That Never Was

Good Morning all,

I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself today. I'm just recovering from a god awful cold. That bastard Kofi cat woke me and Tim up at 5. Tim said that he was 'just being sweet and wanting to play' I don't like playing at 5 in the morning. grump. Anyway that lunk of a boyfriend has managed to get back to sleep and I clearly haven't.

Christmas is a bit rubbish at the moment, or more to the point it just doesn't feel like its happening. It's quite difficult to feel festive when you are still walking around in a t-shirt. In spite of all the christmas decorations adorning mega-mart, bahrain seems to have missed out on the true christmas spirit, which obviously is mulled wine and mince pies with bad christmas songs. I have been doing my bit though, I have mad mince pies with homemade mince meat (better than most shop bought ones, but still not as good as tesco finest deep filled.) Tim and I have mulled whilst putting up the christmas tree, I have been the cause wide-spread outrage at work by teaching the children christmas songs, and I have been working on a christmas menu to rival the one at the Peckham Palace including feeding the pudding twice a day. Try as I like though, I just can't help but think that this christmas is going to be a bit rubbish without seeing all of you. So I have decided that you should all fly out here so I can buy a ham and a goose and have a proper christmas with friends and family. Still Tim has promised we can go to a great big ginger-bread house in a hotel tonight where we can drink snowballs and eggnog whilst eating lots of mince pies... Maybe it will feel like christmas then.

Also am jealous of your TV options and cold weather.

Miss you far too much to say at the moment...

XXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home