Sunday, June 03, 2007

Just feeling a beet sad

Hello everyone,
I'm not feeling very happy today. All I know is that it started about 6.30 this morning when my driver put the radio on and Together In Electric Dreams was playing. I don't know why but it upset me a beet. Half the school is leaving and my best friend is going too. Bahrain is a very transient place, and no one really stays here very long, so I guess you end up losing friends each year.

The weather is extremely hot at the moment, and it feels as though I have nothing much to look forward to, but a long hot summer spent working on a department that will barely meet UK standards, if I am lucky.

Tim and I went to the rather lovely Trader Vics at the Ritz-Carlton yesterday with our friend Shane and we got talking about taxes and stuff. It is depressing to think that people pay to send their children to a sub-standard school because it is better than the free alternative. I know I cannot talk because I currently don't pay taxes, but really, you are very lucky to live in England, where things come as standard. If there is one thing I have learned, it is not to take those things for granted, they are a true luxury. Hope I don't sound too self-righteous...

I hope the England is looking lovely, I cannot imagine what some things feel like anymore. In many ways we have life much easier here, anything I want I can buy, including a cleaner and a driver. However, I miss public transport and 'real' drinking, not just going to nearest five star hotel, and more than anything good friends that stay in one place!

Take care lovely ones, as you can tell missing you a lot.
X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home