Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bitten off more than I can chew

Hi, thought I would keep you up to date with the news from the pleasure isle. Well actually that is a lie, I thought I would try and rid myself of fear nerves and general panic.

My new job is the bads man. Way too much responsibility. I only signed up for the power. Next academic year the school will sit its first IGCSE examinations. I am responsible for the English ones. Of which there are three syllabus. Fortunately the coursework has been completed. None of the paperwork has, they have not started to revise for the exam. They have not read any of the literature set texts and there is a whole component to the exam that people had forgotten about. There are no schemes of work and no qualified teachers. The two that are staying say that the children are out of control and one of the teachers tells a class that they are so thick they will never make it to university. It is not all doom and gloom though. The vice principal loves me and I have a huge budget. Shame it doesn't extend to employing trained staff. I honestly do not know where to start. I might have a nice cup of tea that will make everything better.

At least I have a cons and two cats.

Love to you all.
X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home