Monday, April 09, 2007

Rugby Clubs and Grand Pricks

Hello all,

Tim and I managed to consume more alcohol this weekend than we have in our whole time on the island. Much fun was had by all...

Thursday was spent at the rugby club, which is much the same as any other rugby club I have ever been to. Bright lights, cheap booze, and teenagers talking to loud and indulging in public displays of affection... The reason we were there was to crash some lovely St Chris topher's school reunion. Not much fun really considering we weren't really invited.

In order to rescue the evening we called Shane and went to drink at the Al Safir. The Saf is far more our style - dingy, grubby, full of Saudi's. Much fun was had there we arrived at about midnight and were still there at 4. Pretty good considering we are normally in bed by 10.

Those crazy lunatic people I work for have decided that after passing me over for promotion downstairs they are going to give me double promotion by moving me 'upstairs.' Insh'allah I will be English Co-ordinator for the middle and high school. I won't believe this until I sign on the dotted line... But if I get it, it is the equivalent of a deputy heads job. I just wish they hadn't faffed around. Sorry to Mary and James who got the brunt of my anger and frustration.

We are going to Syria, Lebanon and Turkey for a month this summer. know Mary and Lewis are joining us in Damascus and it would be great to see some more of you. Tim and I will be booking it in the next few weeks.

Also we're going to the Grand Prix on Sunday.

Lots of love to you all.
Hope you had a good Easter.
XXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home