Wednesday, September 05, 2007

the things that float your boat

Say kids, what time is it?

Quite excited this evening as it goes. I’ve just discovered that the space where the rubbish gym used to be and the pool table - both of which have been moved btw, but we never use - is being converted into a coffee shop. I knew that already, they have been doing the conversion for the past 6 months, but now I know its name. It’s going to be a Dôme no less. Now I have nver had a coffee from said chain before but according to the franchise holders, this news warrants the hanging of the biggest banner I have ever seen across the first two floors of our building. I kid you not, this thing is huge. Bigger, even, than those banners they use to hang.... well, actually, I can’t think of when anyone would have thought about using a banner so large.

I will get pics in daylight on Friday and you will see what I mean.

Anyway, what else? Well, we have been here a year now. Heidi turned a few weeks ago and I moved over on Sunday. Seems strange to write it, somehow; as if in doing so we are a step further out of a closing door. I guess that’s why I wanted to blog, to let you all know that I have a glass to the wall; i can still hear you.

O yes, it is Ramadan in a weeks’ time. Think of us when you walk into a pub next Thursday night ordering your first pint or light a ciggie whilst it’s still daylight. Think of us next time only an AMT latte with an extra shot will get you through your meeting. Think of us and know that we are thinking of you.

Take care ya’ll

XxX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home